Visit Counter

Wednesday, February 6, 2008

The reason for mandatory IQ tests at the voting booth

I am a reporter for RNC News Channel 3. I am doing a exit poll at a Democratic primary with my camera crew. It doesn't matter what state.

A young lady walks out chewing gum incessantly. She appears to be about 21 years old.

"Hold on. Here she comes. As I approach her she realizes she's on TV. I detect the excitement in her eyes."


"Hi, I'm with RNC News do you mind if I ask you a few questions?"

"Sure." She says in a bubbly voice.

"Who did you vote for?"

"Obama." She gestures 2 thumbs up with a broad smile on her face. She's still chewing the gum.

"May I ask why?"

"My girl friend Sue called me last night and told me to." She gives the gum a couple of quick chews.

"Do you know how long Obama has been in office?"

"I dunno." The gum chewing slows a little.

"Is Obama a Congressman or a Senator?" The gum chewing stops.

"I dunno." Then she starts chewing the gum faster and a big smile comes over her face. "But he sure is cute!"

"Well thanks for taking the time to talk to us."

"No problem." She looks at the camera with a certain look of satisfaction; puts her hands in the back pockets of her jeans, and still chewing her gum, walks away.


Share/Bookmark

No comments :

Post a Comment