Visit Counter

Monday, March 17, 2008

What's good for the goose.....



http://a.abcnews.com/images/Politics/abc_obama_clinton_070406_ms.jpg

Clinton, Obama's rival for the Democratic presidential nomination, and her husband, former President Clinton, have suggested a joint Clinton-Obama ticket -- with Obama in the second slot.

President Clinton Saturday suggested a Clinton-Obama ticket would be "unstoppable."

"He would win the urban areas and the upscale voters. She would win the rural areas that we lost when President Reagan was president," he said while campaigning in Pass Christian, Mississippi. "If you put those two things together, you'd have an almost unstoppable force."

This was Obama's response:

"With all due respect. I won twice as many states as Sen. Clinton. I've won more of the popular vote than Sen. Clinton. I have more delegates than Sen. Clinton. So, I don't know how somebody who's in second place is offering vice presidency to the person who's in first place."

If I was in the audience I would raise my hand and say this:

"Using the same analogy Senator Obama now that we are winning in Iraq, and the surge is working, why would we now leave Iraq, as you propose, while we are in first place and capitulate to the secondary Iraqi insurgents?"

Share/Bookmark

No comments :

Post a Comment