Visit Counter

Friday, December 21, 2012

You'll throw away the Knob Creek




Now that Obama has gotten another 4 years to finish his job of ruining the country, to help us with our despair, I thought I would come up with a helpful suggestion so we could at least make it through the holidays.




I like Kentucky straight bourbon. I tried a lot of different brands but pretty much stuck with Knob Creek. Nonetheless, I was getting a little tired of it and ready for something different. I did a little research on the internet and the premier name that kept popping up was Woodford Reserve. It's rated as one of the best Kentucky straight bourbon's even though it's not the most expensive. I bought a bottle, poured a little in a glass drank it straight and I must admit... disappointed. That's when I put a few ice cubes in the glass and swirled it around a little. WOW!!! What a difference! I don't want to sound like a nose in the air snob connoisseur but the taste is reminiscent of warm buttery carmel with back notes of pecan and they achieve this without a hint of sweetness. Knob Creek (100 proof) has a harsh, burning, peppery, taste compared to the silky smooth (90.4 Proof) Woodford Reserve.




Also comes in several different variations



WARNING: This stuff is like crack. You'll throw away your Knob Creek. Also helps if you suffer, as I do, from "Barry Syndrome".



PS: If you serve this at a party they won't touch the vodka, scotch, rum, etc.






Share/Bookmark

2 comments :