Visit Counter

Saturday, February 8, 2014

Joe Biden says there’s 'no obvious reason why I shouldn't run'





Here's one.









Vice President Joe Biden has now said that there is no reason for him not to run for president except for the fact that he likes driving his own car. 

'There may be reasons why I don't run, but there's no obvious reason for me why I think I should not run,' Biden told CNN

Biden has been plagued by questions about whether or not he will be running for President a third time in 2016, and he has stuck to his standing line about how has not yet decided.


No reason not to: Vice President Biden said that he needs to see the field and see if he is the only person that would fight for middle class values and a sound foreign policy.

(Maybe he could host another one of those $10,000 a plate fund raisers and invite the middle class) 



'For me the decision to run or not run is going to be determined by me as to whether I am the best qualified person to focus on the two things I've spent my whole life on: giving ordinary people a fighting chance to make it and a sound foreign policy that's based on rational interests of the United States where we not only are known for the power of our military but the power of our example,' he said. 

Biden, who is 71 and will be 73 at the time of the next election, previously said that he and his wife, Dr Jill Biden, had not had a formal conversation about 2016 and this time he took a different tact in answering the same question. 

'After I ran the first time, she didn't want me to run again. The second time, she came to me and said you've gotta run. The reason she wanted me to run was because she was convinced if I ran we'd end the war in Iraq and have a sounder foreign policy and she was convinced if I ran I would work like hell to make sure the middle class got a fighting chance,' Biden told CNN on Thursday. 

'I think the future for this country- I know people think I'm too optimistic, but it is incredible and there is so much just within our grasp.' 



Addressing the issue: Biden gave himself the deadline of 'a year this summer' to figure out if he will run.

(You didn't think he could figure it out right away did you?)





He said that his best bet on a deadline for the decision would be that he will have a verdict by 'realistically, a year this summer' which would give him just over a year to launch a formal campaign. 

'Doesn't mean I'm the only guy who can do it, but no one else I think can, and I think I can then I'll run. If I don't I won't.'

The obvious other competitor that he will- or won't- be facing is Hillary Clinton. 

The former Secretary of State is also mulling her decision about 2016, but her polling numbers and formal fundraising operation are significantly more suggestive of a run. 

The bevy of recent polls matching the various Republican candidates up with one likely Democrat all use Clinton as that figure, and the most recent take on the possible Democratic primary line up- done by Quinnipiac on January 31- has Biden with 9 per cent of the vote as compared to Clinton's 64 per cent.


I suspect this guy would have a better chance of becoming POTUS.

Think about it for a moment. Of all the people in the United States... the one most eminently qualified is Biden? 



Have we learned nothing from the current resident? You know... the one who said at his nomination victory speech, "this was the moment when the rise of the oceans began to slow and our planet began to heal..." 

Fell a little short...ya think?





Share/Bookmark

No comments :

Post a Comment