Visit Counter

Thursday, January 7, 2016

Ben Carson's former campaign manager: Donald Trump will win nomination absent 'something big'





Okay, this guy has an axe to grind since he was let go ("resigned") by Carson. Nevertheless, he does make a lot of sense. I kind of like Carson. He was doing well, but he's in desperate need of some fire in the belly.

CNN interview:

Video 196





Morning Joe interview:

Retired neurosurgeon Ben Carson's former presidential campaign manager says GOP front-runner Donald Trump is going to win the party's nomination "unless something big happens."

"I think for 10 or 11 months, we've all been sitting around hearing these theories that Trump is going to melt down," former Carson campaign manager Barry Bennett said Thursday on MSNBC's "Morning Joe." "You know, there's going to be some cataclysmic event, or he's not going to run … and we're just running out of excuses, right?"

"I mean, I can suspend my beliefs [of] a lot of things, but not in the laws of mathematics," he said. "He's going to win unless something big happens."

Mr. Bennett and the Carson campaign's former communications director Doug Watts resigned from the campaign last week.

"You really need one cook in the kitchen and sometimes we had three, and I couldn't fix it, so I did what I thought was the right thing … get out and let somebody else try," Mr. Bennett said.

Mr. Carson is running fourth in the latest RealClearPolitics national average of recent polling on the 2016 GOP field.






Share/Bookmark

No comments :