Visit Counter

Friday, June 23, 2017

Trump tweets support for Nancy Pelosi...sort of




Pelosi's party begins to turn on her after defeats, stagnation, and demand she quit her position as House Minority Leader.



Pelosi’s response was glorious:
"So you want me to sing my praises, is that what you’re saying? Why should I? Well, I’m a master legislator. I am a strategic, politically astute leader. My leadership is recognized by many around the country, and that is why I’m able to attract the support that I do, which is essential to our elections — sad to say." 
She finished with, "How long I stay is not up to them."
Last time I checked it IS up to them.

----------------------------------


President Donald Trump said he hopes Democrats keep Nancy Pelosi in her role as House Minority Leader.

Those thoughts - expressed this morning in a tweet from the president - aren't an endorsement of Pelosi, however. Rather, the president said having the California Representative in charge of Democrats is good for the Republican party.


Trump tweeted:





The tweet comes as Democrats are questioning if Pelosi is the right person to lead the party in the House.

"We need leadership change," New York Democratic Rep. Kathleen Rice recently told CNN. "It's time for Nancy Pelosi to go, and the entire leadership team."

Criticism of Pelosi increased after Democrats lost in a House special election in Georgia this week, with Republican Karen Handel's win over Jon Ossoff.

On Morning Joe Thursday, Rep. Kathleen Rice, D-N.Y., made a plea for Pelosi's ouster. 

'Nancy Pelosi was a great speaker, she was a great leader, but her time has come and gone,' the New York Democrat said. 

Rep. Tim Ryan, D-Ohio, had challenged Pelosi for her leadership position earlier this year, and agreed, during an interview on CNN Wednesday night, that Republicans' ads using her as a Democratic boogey-woman have been effective.

'I don't think it's fair,' Ryan told Don Lemon. 'But, clearly, these ads using her, linking her to our candidates is still working.' 

'I mean, I wish it wasn't true,' he added. 

Asked by Lemon if he thought Pelosi was more toxic than Trump, Ryan said yes. 

'You know what, the honest answer is in some areas of the country – yes, she is. That's the honest answer,' Ryan answered. 

Ryan told Lemon that earlier that night, another member of Congress, clearly a Republican, had pulled him aside and said, 'Please tell me you're not going to get rid of Nancy Pelosi, please tell me she's not going to retire because that's who I run against.' 

'She's less popular than Donald Trump in my district,' Ryan admitted.

Pelosi wasn't the only one receiving the president's tongue-in-cheek good wishes.

Trump's comments about "crying Chuck" are in reference to Senate Minority Leader Charles Schumer. The two have repeatedly sparred after Schumer burst into tears over the travel ban impacting his precious terrorists/Muslims. 









Share/Bookmark

No comments :

Post a Comment