Visit Counter

Tuesday, December 4, 2018

Biden: ‘I think I am the most qualified person in the country to be president’








Former Vice President Joe Biden fueled speculation he might make a 2020 bid for the White House, saying Monday night that he believes he is the "most qualified" person to take on President Trump.

"I'll be as straight with you as I can. I think I'm the most qualified person in the country to be president," Biden said at a stop for his book tour in Missoula, Montana. "The issues that we face as a country today are the issues that have been in my wheelhouse, that I've worked on my whole life."

"No one should run for the job unless they believe that they would be qualified doing the job. I've been doing this my whole adult life, and the issues that are the most consequential relating to the plight of the middle class and our foreign policy are things that I have - even my critics would acknowledge, I may not be right but I know a great deal about it," he added.

Said in true Biden fashion.




Biden deflected several possible disadvantages of a potential campaign, including his gaffe-prone rhetoric, his age and his chairmanship of the Senate Judiciary Committee during the Anita Hill hearing, which has sparked concerns that he is not in touch with the concerns of the #MeToo movement.






Share/Bookmark

No comments :

Post a Comment