Visit Counter

Wednesday, July 3, 2019

Meaning of American Pie by Don McLean (w/lyrics)




On a tip from Phil McCafferty 



Don Mclean and American Pie.....with pictures. Although Don McLean only released the song in 1971, for those of us who grew up in the 50’s and 60’s this is a great piece with some very poignant moments in the history of those times. And for those of you who did not, it’s a taste of what you missed. I knew that "American Pie" was the name of the plane in which Buddy Holly, Richie Valens, and The Big Bopper were killed when it crashed in February 3rd, 1959, and I knew the chorus about music dying on that day. I have listened to American Pie for many years and I thought I understood what was being sung but now realize that I didn’t. However, when the words are put together with pictures and film clips the song takes on a new meaning. It took a lot of thought to produce this and it brings back lots of memories and also makes the lyrics really come alive! 

Hope this video does for you what it did for me. A lump in my throat, a smile on my face and a tear in my eye. Can't ask for much more than that.



Video 512








Share/Bookmark

No comments :

Post a Comment