Now rebel commander blamed for downing MH17 says 'bodies aren't fresh' claiming corpses at crash site have been 'dead for days'
• Igor Girkin claimed corpses around the wreckage died before plane took off
• Pro-Russian rebel said they were drained of blood and decomposing
• He was said to be one of the laughing rebels who filmed the attack
• Tweeted after the attack: 'We warned you – do not fly in "our sky".'
By Wills Robinson
Published: 17:15 EST, 18 July 2014 | Updated: 22:36 EST, 18 July 2014
You would think this bastard had some hint of remorse.
"I was going to say Aliens shot it down but I didn't think you would believe me so I made up this one instead"
Bizarre claims: Igor Girkin said the bodies had been dead for days and reeked of decomposition
The rebel commander blamed for shooting down flight MH17 has made bizarre claims that bodies at the crash site 'aren't fresh'.
Pro-Russian separatist Igor Girkin has claimed corpses near the debris died days before the plane took off.
According to rebel website Russkaya Vesna, the leader was told by people at the scene in eastern Ukraine that 'a significant number of the bodies were drained of blood and reeked of decomposition.'
Girkin, also known as Strelkov and allegedly a former Russian intelligence agent, also suggested that a large amount of blood serum and medications in the wreckage.
The information has not been confirmed but the commander said: 'Ukrainian authorities are capable of any baseness.'
He was said to be among the laughing rebels that filmed the plane as it crashed
Footage is said to have captured him gleefully bragging: 'That was a blast – look at the smoke!' while a fireball rose from the debris.
The extraordinary footage – apparently filmed by the shooters themselves – charts the terrible final moments of the doomed airliner.
A voice believed to be that of Strelkov – dubbed 'Igor the Terrible' – announces: 'The plane was hit!' He adds: 'Look at those black spots, these are the parts, flying … it was a blast … look, look, black smoke!'
As a pall of smoke was seen coming from the crash site, he wrote a triumphant war cry on Twitter, saying: 'We warned you – do not fly in "our sky".'
The Malaysia Airlines Boeing-777 was shot down Thursday, killing all 298 people aboard.
Shortly after the passenger plane was downed, Strelkov – seen smirking in propaganda photos – tweeted a boastful message claiming responsibility.
At the time, he apparently believed he had shot down an Antonov-26 military plane of the Ukrainian Air Force, saying it landed near a mine named Progress.
His chilling message read: 'In the area Torez we just hit down An-26, it's lying somewhere in the mine 'Progress'.
'We warned you – do not fly in 'our sky'. And here is the video confirmation of the "bird dropping".
'Bird fell near the mine, the residential sector was not disturbed. Civilians are not injured.'
Later as the horror became clear, the tweet was deleted.
Putin setting foot in a church is tantamount to the devil saying the rosary. Surprised there was no fire.
I am certainly not absolving this animal (or should I say 2 animals) of this horrific crime. As I understand it there were 80 children on board.
Russian Separatists just shot down a plane not very long ago. So why in the world would you fly a civilian airliner into a war zone? Reports suggest they wanted to save on fuel. Whatever they saved will be minuscule compared to the lawsuits. The lawyers will be all over this quicker than sharks to blood. Considering Malaysia Airlines recent track record they'll probably file bankruptcy. I imagine this is there only recourse... because who in the hell would buy a ticket?
Feds to house illegal immigrants at multimillion-dollar hotel
The United States is the only country in the world actively engaged in importing illegals. We are witnessing Democrats deliberately sabotaging their own country in the hope of collecting more votes. On the other hand... had they believed illegals voted Republican the border would be sealed tighter than a drum before I could finish writing this.
Just yesterday a principle of a grade school in MA stated buses pulled up to her school and dumped 238 illegal children at her doorstep and left. The children were from Central America and could not speak English or Spanish. She said, "they speak in a tribal dialect." As far as she could tell they have never set foot in a classroom. BTW... Where do they go when the school day is over?
This is flat out wrong and the taxpayer is footing the bill.
The Obama administration could soon be housing hundreds of illegal immigrant children at a multimillion-dollar hotel complex in Texas, just a few miles from the Mexican border – and it could cost taxpayers nearly $50 million, sources with knowledge of the deal tell me.
"It's an extraordinarily expensive operation," said an official with knowledge of the plans. "We're talking tens of millions of dollars. It's a lot of money."
The Palm Aire Hotel is not exactly Club Med but the 7-acre site features three swimming pools, lighted tennis courts, concierge service and a Jacuzzi.
BCFS, previously known as Baptist Child and Family Services, which has a contract with the Department of Health and Human Services to run camps at Lackland Air Force Base in San Antonio and Fort Sill in Oklahoma, is negotiating to purchase the Palm Aire Hotel in Weslaco, Texas, for $3.8 million. The hotel was built in the 1980s and includes traditional hotel rooms and suites.
"This facility is part of the solution for alleviating overcrowded conditions seen in Border Patrol facilities as a result of the increase in migration from Central America," BCFS spokesman Asennet Segura said in a prepared statement.
"This facility will be largely self-contained and provide a safe setting for the community to respond to this influx, as well as the children who are separated from their families."
And they're talking about hundreds and hundreds of illegal immigrants. Remember the movie
They dispersed pods all over the United States.
Barry's doing the same thing... merely substituting illegals for pods.
BCFS says they could house as many as 600 children between the ages of 12-17 at the Palm Aire. It also plans to provide medical and mental health care and educational and recreational programs.
"The centralized intake facility will be the first of its kind in the nation, allowing for quick transfer of children from Border Patrol custody and expedited release to their families," Segura said.
Once it's fully operational, the facility will cost taxpayers around $50 million, a source with knowledge of the expenses told me.
"Frankly, it's a lot of money -- no question about it," my source said, adding that American taxpayers "will be furious" when they receive the total bill.
I reached out to the Department of Health and Human Services for comment but have not received a response.
The Palm Aire Hotel is not exactly Club Med -- but the 7-acre site features three swimming pools, lighted tennis courts, concierge service and a Jacuzzi. The property also has around 10,000 square feet of retail and meeting space.
I called and spoke to one of the owners of the hotel who confirmed the pending sale but stressed that they were not responsible for what replaces their business.
BCFS said it plans a multimillion-dollar renovation to fence in the property and turn the meeting rooms into medical facilities. It plans to remove the tennis courts and put in soccer fields.
It also plans to hire 650 workers – some making upward of $45 per hour. If you're doing the math, that's more than $16 million annually in salaries and benefits. And every paycheck will be covered by American tax dollars.
"It's going to be an expensive contract," my source said. "It's like running a hospital, 24/7."
My BCFS source said having a facility so close to the border will save money over time, and it wants the hotel to become a one-stop facility – a place where the children can undergo medical screening and behavioral screening. It also hopes to house immigration courts at the hotel. They anticipate children staying at the facility no longer than 15 days at a time.
"This is better than scattering kids all over the United States without the proper screening," my source told me. "All these services need to be on the border."
Contact your representatives in Congress and put a stop to this today.
"But there was no definitive conclusion Bergdahl was a deserter because that would require knowing his intent, something officials couldn't learn without talking to him, a U.S. military official has said."
So I got this straight Bergdahl has been in the "reintegration process" since May 31st. Today is July 17th. You mean to tell me in all this time they still don't know if he went AWOL or is a deserter? Did anyone bother to contact his immediate superior officer to ask the details of his disappearance? From all the reports I read at the very least Bergdahl was AWOL and at worse a deserter. Now he just returns to active duty? Didn't 6 guys die trying to rescue him? Why is this happening?
One explanation is everyone knows the 5 for 1 trade stunk even if Bergdahl was a Medal of Honor winner. If it leaks out he was AWOL, or worse a deserter, that makes Barry's sham of a deal all the more atrocious. This story in some ways is like calling the FT Hood shooting "workplace violence" just painted with a different brush to cover up the truth.
(CNN) -- Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl has finished undergoing therapy and counseling at an Army hospital in San Antonio and could return to active duty as early as Monday, a defense official tells CNN.
Bergdahl was held captive by militants for five years before he was released in May in exchange for five Taliban members held by the U.S. military.
Some critics of the swap have said Bergdahl was a deserter who endangered colleagues searching for him.
Bergdahl went missing on June 30, 2009, in Afghanistan's Paktika province, where he was deployed with the 1st Battalion, 501st Infantry Regiment, 4th Brigade Combat Team, 25th Infantry Division.
An Army fact-finding investigation conducted in the months after his disappearance concluded he left his outpost deliberately and of his own free will, according to an official who was briefed on the report.
But there was no definitive conclusion Bergdahl was a deserter because that would require knowing his intent, something officials couldn't learn without talking to him, a U.S. military official has said.
Ex-captive Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl could return to active duty Monday
“My accomplishments as Secretary of State? Well, I'm glad you asked!
My proudest accomplishment in which I take the most pride, mostly because of the opposition it faced early on, you know, the remnants of prior situations and mind sets that were too narrowly focused in a manner whereby they may have overlooked the bigger picture and we didn't do that and I'm proud of that. Very proud. I would say that's a major accomplishment."
Hillary Clinton 11 March 2014
EvenJoe is more confused than usual.
Ms. Clinton, what are your major accomplishments as Secretary of State?