Visit Counter

Thursday, January 27, 2022

Blacks represent about 13% of the population yet are represented in 75% of the commercials







Have you noticed how many Blacks are in TV ads in relation to their percentage of the population? If I took you out of a cave and brought you into my home turned on the TV and watched a few commercials you would look at me and say... to borrow a quote from Bribem... "You ain't Black!"


Let's be honest how many interracial couples, or people in an interracial marriage, do you know let alone hang out with? It's not a racial thing it's reality. It just seems so contrived and unrealistic. If you want to date someone of a different race that's fine. But this is a step taken by the liberal left and Hollywood to shove 'the new norm' down our throat. One case in point the commercial with a white mother and father and both of the kids are Black which I assume adopted or from a previous marriage. Have you seen one with two Black parents and both of the kids are white?


This probably gets me more than anything else. Ads are created to manipulate you to buy something. Am I wrong? So as a white male consumer at times I'm watching commercials depicting white people as buffoons while depicting Blacks as all knowing and seeing. This is supposed to entice me to buy their product? These advertising execs are rumored to be smart so let's look at it from a marketing standpoint. The vast majority of people in United States are white according to the 2020 census. 61% of people in United States are white. So they're going to pander to the 13% while potentially pissing off 61%? If at all possible I try not to buy their products. I remember a time when you RARELY saw a Black in a commercial so I guess we came full circle. Black is black, white is white, and green is green so I don't get the philosophy but it's OK. This is one of the reasons I own a DVR. I hate all commercials. I don't care if the participants are white or Black. I just click the fast forward button. 


This commercial right here is the most irritating asshole of a commercial I have ever seen! I can't get to the remote fast enough. If it wasn't for the fifth Commandment I would put a contract on him and the bird.












Share/Bookmark

No comments :

Post a Comment