Visit Counter

Thursday, October 14, 2021

The saga of Jon Gruden






They canceled Gruden just like they canceled Joe Paterno.



The fallout continued Tuesday, when the Buccaneers, the team he led to a Super Bowl title nearly two decades ago, removed him from the Ring of Honor at Raymond James Stadium. 


Cancelled over private emails from 10 years ago while players who have actually committed violent crimes and offenses are allowed to play. ESPN is going ballistic and he was working for them when this occurred! This is a sad commentary on how soft and fragile we have become. BTW...how would you like to read the emails sent by Stephen A. Smith, Roger Goodell, and DeMaurice Smith sent over the last 10 years? I guarantee you there are some real ‘gems' out there!


I'm not questioning if his departure is right or wrong. Since most of the players are black I understand Gruden had to go. Any respect they had for him is lost. What concerns me is a persons expectation to the right of privacy. What about his first amendment rights? What's next they're going to check your text messages and voicemails? If I was Gruden I would get a lawyer.



Oh, and speaking of emails...


I guess when you're just a NFL head coach you're not prominent enough in the hierarchy to become untouchable.


Remember when the left went crazy when Larry Elder was assaulted by a white woman in a gorilla mask who threw an egg at him?


Neither do I.







 


Share/Bookmark

No comments :

Post a Comment